Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Welcome to our new blog!!


Hello and Welcome to our new blog. This is Ernesto Escobar and John Cunningham. John is Topéca’s Roast-Master and I (Ernesto) help out with marketing and social media. Together we will be editing and writing for this new blog,  though we hope to have contributing coffee industry professionals.

I would like to share how the idea of creating this blog came about.  I recently joined the Topéca team. I have never been a coffee drinker. In fact, I had my first shot of espresso during my very first day at Topéca. It didn’t take long before I became hooked on coffee. What began to intrigue me the most wasn’t the drink itself, but the process that coffee endures before it reaches the cup.

So the more I would learn about our “seed-to-cup” method and coffee in general, the more I would pester Johnny with questions about growing, roasting, etc. And then I thought, why not create an educational blog. 

So, I guess our goal for this blog is:
To create an educational blog with main purpose to explore the world of coffee. More importantly, to do our best to answer any questions you might have. 

Our next blog will be “What Even Is Specialty Coffee?”. please leave us a comment and let us know of any topics that you would like us to write about. 

See ya Latte (sorry I had to),
Ernesto and Johnny

Post Script by John Cunningham.
In the future Ernesto I will urge Ernesto to avoid being “punny”. 
thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Looking forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives indepth information. Thanks for this nice article.
    read more

    ReplyDelete